Allergies come in many forms and symptoms. For some they may only be a bit of sneezing and an irritated nasal system or skin. For others, an allergy could pose a risk to their health and even their life. When an allergy is, is an abnormal reaction by your immune system to a substance that otherwise is harmless. This causes an allergic reaction, which can include several symptoms including: high fever, shortness of breath, skin rash or hives, and swelling of the face, hands, and/or throat. In minor allergic reactions, there can be an ointment or a medication taken that will quickly reduce the reaction and restore your comfort. For more severe reactions, it may be necessary to seek medical treatment if you cannot reduce the symptoms with the appropriate medications. There are some allergies that can be quite severe causing life threatening symptoms, which can turn into a fatality if appropriate action isn’t taken in the appropriate amount of time. The most minor allergies can cause just simple itching and scratching, watery eyes, and a stuffy nose, like that with a common grass or pollen allergy. It is always important that you are aware of any allergies you may have in order to prevent any reactions that may be potentially fatal. The most dangerous allergy is one of which you have no clue about.
Of course, the first thing you have to do when you have allergies is to avoid those substances. Parents are advised to not feed shell fish to children within the first two years of life in order to avoid the development of allergies. Those who have allergies are prescribed medications if they are in constant contact of the substances they are allergic to like pollen. For other types of allergies, it is advised to keep the appropriate counteracting medications handy at all times, just in case you accidentally come into contact with such a substance. This can include an improper order at a restaurant, a bee, wasp, or hornet sting, or eating or using a product that you aren't aware contains a substance you are allergic to, or even if you aren't aware of an allergy. When you are unsure of whether you are allergic to a substance or not, the best thing to do is avoid it. Even moderate or miniscule use can cause a severe reaction that could cause your life. Ensuring you use only products you are sure of and ordering items from restaurants that you know don't contain a harmful substance to you is important to avoid accidentally using or ingesting such a substance. Coping with your allergies is quite simple if you are prepared to take full responsibility of your health.